EPATTM – Executive Programme in Algorithmic Trading
The Executive Programme in Algorithmic Trading at QuantInsti is designed for professionals looking to grow in the field, or planning to start their careers in Algorithmic and Quantitative trading.
It inspires traditional traders towards a successful Algorithmic trading career, by focusing on derivatives, quantitative trading, electronic market-making or trading related technology and risk management. This comprehensive Algorithmic Trading course offers unparalleled insights into the world of Algorithms, financial technology, and changing Market Microstructure, following an exhaustive course structure designed by leading Algorithmic Traders, Quantitative experts and HFT thought leaders.
Duration – 6 months (4 months of training & 2 months of project work)
Specialisation – Particular Asset class and/or Algorithmic trading strategy through the project work
Online Delivery – A focused learning experience consisting of practical sessions conducted through web-meetings and virtual learning environments
Certification – Assessment comprises of assignments, quiz, project work and attendance. On successful completion participants will receive a Certificate from QuantInsti Quantitative Learning Pvt Ltd
This module is preparatory material for beginners who have recently started learning Algorithmic Trading.
- Covers basics in Algorithmic Trading, Statistics, Options & Derivatives, MS Excel
- Self-study module, to be completed before Live Lectures begin
- 10-20 hours of coursework followed by mandatory Primer Tests
This module is the first module with live lectures in Algorithmic Trading training and covers some of the most crucial concepts to be applied and used in future.
- Basic terms, concepts related to orders and data management
- System Architecture and Risk Management in Algorithmic Trading – complexities involved
- Order Flow Management, Pegging, Discretion, VWAP strategies
- 12 hours of live lectures and 10 hours of coursework comprised of assignments and quizzes
A beginner’s module in this Algo trading course that includes concepts from Probability, Statistics, Econometrics.
- Working with OHLC datasets, indicators and trading signals generation
- Application of trading strategies in MS Excel, application of statistics in predicting future stock prices and approximations of risk/reward
- Practical and hands-on sessions imparting computing skills which will be required later
- 9 hours of live lectures and 8 hours of coursework comprised of assignments and quizzes
Introduction to advanced topics in Quantitative trading courses that requires knowledge on Options and Derivatives and Statistics.
- Option pricing models and their applications.
- Building option portfolios on the basis of Option Greeks.
- Dispersion trading concepts, implementation and road-blocks
- Designing of a risk management tool that shows sensitivity of options portfolio to different conditions, allowing the trader to modify their portfolio to meet future market scenarios better
- 12-15 hours of lecture content and 10-15 hours of coursework
R is a popular language for quantitative trading and analysis. Algorithmic trading courses rely on the open-sourced statistical language R for data manipulation and management and Time series Analysis.
- Introduction to R through basic statistical tests and computations followed by writing codes to build quantitative indicators and trading strategies
- Useful R tips & tricks to navigate big data sets
- Implementing model using GARCH (1,1) to predict volatility using R and estimating the parameters of the model
- Using advanced packages to code trading strategies in R
- 15 hours of lecture content and 25 hours of coursework
This is the most strategic module for individual traders as well as institutional desk traders who want to set up their own trading desk or are fishing for new platforms/software/infrastructure.
- Understanding the infrastructure requirements
- Understanding the business environment including regulatory environment, capital investments required for setting up an Algorithmic Trading Desk
- In addition to the QI faculty, industry experts are invited to share experiences and insights
- 3-9 hours of lecture content
It is the most crucial module of this algorithmic trading course with high requirements from students to practice and try strategies hands-on.
- Exposure to different Quantitative trading strategy paradigms popular in algorithmic trading such as statistical arbitrage, market microstructure, trend following, momentum based, market making, machine learning
- Evaluate problems and opportunities in global markets through the lenses of econometrics, psychology and statistics
- Handle uncertainty focusing on risk management in trading
- 27-35 hours of lecture content and 60-70 hours of course work
Learn to automate your trading strategies in this module of EPAT™. Again, a demanding module which is practical and hands-on, requiring participants to learn and practice Python for backtesting and execution of strategies. Leading experts such as Dr. Yves Hilpisch, author of the book ‘Python for Quants’, is one of the core faculty members for this module.
- Introduction to automated trading platforms based on Python
- Learn to write your own codes in Python
- Object Oriented Programming and Useful Packages in Python for trading
- Enables participant to implement strategies in the live trading environment
- 18-24 hours of lecture content and 80-100 hours of course work
- Participants will complete a project under mentorship of a practitioner/trader that involves ideation and creation of a trading strategy
- The project topic qualifies for participant’s area of specialization and enhanced learning
- Alternatively, participants can appear for final examination to qualify for certification
Globally Renowned Speaker in on Options, Derivatives & News Based Trading Research.
Author of ‘Algorithmic Trading: Winning Strategies and Their Rationale’
Faculty for workshops on Algorithmic Trading programs conducted by Indian National Stock Exchange
Author of ‘Python for Finance – Analyze Big Financial Data’ published by O’Reilly
Founder & Director at iRage Global Advisory Services in Singapore. Expert in Inter-Market Studies.
Head of Quantitative Research department at QuantInsti. Leading analyst and quant expert.
Sameer leads the Low Latency Programming division at iRageCapital Advisory Pvt Ltd.
Gaurav is a Co-Founder & Director at QuantInsti & iRageCapital Advisory Pvt Ltd. Expert in Market Microstructure.
Rajib Ranjan Borah
Rajib is the co-Founder & Director of iRageCapital Advisory Pvt Ltd, & QuantInsti Quantitative Learning Pvt Ltd.
High Frequency Trading Systems for South East Asian markets helping generate significant volumes within the options segment. At QI,Rajib manages the course segment on option derivatives; and also works with exchanges, financial & educational institutions to design educational programs. He has conducted workshops and conferences in America, Europe and Asia.
Prior to iRage, Rajib worked with leading HFT firm Optiver in Amsterdam; working on options derivatives market making, & high frequency equity arbitrage strategies across all major European & US exchanges. Before Optiver, Rajib was a management strategy consultant with PricewaterhouseCoopers where he assisted a consortium in setting up a national commodity derivatives exchange.
A national Olympiad finalist, Rajib has twice represented India at the World Puzzle Championships. He has a post-graduate management degree from Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, a bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering from National Institute of Technology Surathkal; and has internship experiences with Bloomberg in New York (equity option derivatives research) & with Solutia's EMEA strategy HQ in Belgium.
Dr. Ernest P. Chan
Ernie is the Managing Member of QTS Capital Management, LLC., a commodity pool operator and trading advisor. QTS manages a hedge fund as well as individual accounts. More information about his services can be found at www.epchan.com.
Ernie is the author of “Quantitative Trading: How to Build Your Own Algorithmic Trading Business” and “Algorithmic Trading: Winning Strategies and Their Rationale”, both published by John Wiley & Sons. He maintains a popular blog “Quantitative Trading” at epchan.blogspot.com.
Ernie also teaches courses and workshops in trading and finance in London, Singapore, and elsewhere. He was appointed Adjunct Associate Professor of Finance at Nanyang Technological University and an Industry Fellow of the NTU-SGX Centre for Financial Education. He is also an adjunct faculty at Northwestern University’s Master of Science in Predictive Analytics program.
Shaurya Chandra is a Director at iRageCapital Advisory Private Ltd., leading the firm's advisory practice in India on the Research, Strategies Development and Risk Management. He has advised extensively with core focus on the statistical research strategy development backed by rigorous back testing and setting up systems & processes for risk management.
An area of specific focus for Shaurya has been working with clients in Sell-Side Order Execution Algorithms for leading brokerages. His current areas of research are Statistical Strategies and Rule Based Trading and Optimal Execution Algorithms.
Earlier to iRageCapital, Shaurya comes with experience at Bank of America, Edelweiss Securities Ltd. and Systematix Stock & Shares Ltd., where he worked as Derivative and Quantitative Analyst focused on Indian Equity markets.
Shaurya has a post graduate degree in management from Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad and a B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee.
Dr. Yves Hilpisch
Nitesh Khandelwal has a rich experience in financial markets spanning across various asset classes in different roles. He co-founded iRageCapital Advisory Private Limited, which is a trusted name in the space of providing Algorithmic Trading technology and strategy services in India. He led the business side for iRageCapital and QuantInsti. At QuantInsti, he was also the head of department for training in derivatives & inter-market studies. He's currently the Director at iRage Global Advisory Services Pte Ltd based in Singapore.
He had prior experience in bank treasury (FX & Interest rate domain) and in proprietary trading desk. He did his Bachelors in Technology in Electrical Engineering from IIT Kanpur before doing his Post graduation in Management from IIM Lucknow.
He is currently teaching Quantitative modules in EPAT. You can reach him at email@example.com
Sameer has graduated from BITS Pilani with Masters in Economics and Information Systems. He started his career with Yahoo! where he gained expertise in technical architecture, design and development of highly scalable systems.
A C++ evangelist and perl poet with broad understanding of economics and market dynamics, he now designs and build financial strategies with built-in intelligence.
Gaurav Raizada is a Director at iRageCapital Advisory Private Ltd., leads the firm's advisory practice in India on the Systems, Performance and Strategies. He has consulted extensively with core focus on strategy development and execution including trading systems development, latency reduction, optimization and transaction cost analysis.
An area of specific focus for Gaurav has been working with clients in high frequency trading-proprietary desk, brokerages, and banks. His current areas of research are High Frequency Econometrics, Structured Products and Transaction Cost Analysis.
Prior to iRageCapital, Gaurav worked with Axis Bank as a Forex-Interest Rates Derivatives Trader. He also worked as a Performance Engineer at Veritas Software, where he picked up the feel for Optimization.
Gaurav has a post graduate degree in management from Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow and a B.Tech. in Chemical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur.
Jacques Francois Joubert
Quantitative Analyst at NMRQL,
“I spent a great deal of time looking for the CFA equivalent for algorithmic trading and EPAT is the closest match. I loved how the course covered a wide range of topics. When I started the course I had plans to go back to university to study maths further but just before finishing the course I got hired by a coveted quantitative hedge fund as a quantitative analyst. A special thanks to the faculty.”
Marco Nicolás Dibo
CEO at Quanticko Trading S.A.
"I am very happy with the support provided by the administration team. Faculty is greatly committed at resolving queries. Having worked at one of the leading brokerage houses, I would certainly want to get into algorithmic trading and this is where QuantInsti’s EPAT course will help me."
Associate at Morgan Stanley,
"At Quantinsti, I learnt to develop quantitative strategies which can be used in Algorithmic & High Frequency trading. The faculty at Quantinsti is highly knowledgable. The insights which they bring into classroom from their experience as consultants are very valuable and make each lesson very effective. The online learning experience was quite good give me the flexibility for viewing the recordings of missed lectures."
Dr. Panashe Chiurunge
Founder, Chengetedzai Central
Securities Depository, Zimbabwe
"I am starting an Algorithmic and High-Frequency desk later on, so for me the best (part) was to get the actual experience and the knowledge on how to implement the strategies that would be useful on my own desks. In this program, you learn from the basics to advanced statistics. It is an amazing experience because you learn to work on the advanced trading platform which is used by many trading desks."
EPATTM Alumni Profile
We train participants who come from very rich and inter-disciplinary backgrounds both in terms of their academic background and their industry experience.
Students from all the inhabited continents have participated in EPAT™.
The course is designed for working professionals with a keen interest in financial markets and technological advancements. In every batch of EPAT™ we see a rich mix of traders, analysts, developers, quants, risk managers, founders, desk owners to provide a unique experience of interacting and networking with fellow participations.
Learning how to build a perfect trading strategy is one thing, but it is really the execution of ideas that separates the sheep from the goats. Our students have mastered the art of execution with projects, which are not only innovative but also ground breaking. They leverage the knowledge gained during the EPAT™ and transform them into original, ready-to-publish research works.
A few of the project topics recently completed as a part of EPAT™ coursework included:
- Development of Cloud-Based Automated Trading System with Machine Learning by Maxime Fages and Derek Wong
- Pair Trading Strategy and Backtesting using Quantstrat by Marco Nicolas Dibo
Who can apply?
QuantInsti’s Algo trading course is aimed for individuals working in, or intending to move into the buy or sell-side of business focusing on derivatives, quantitative trading, electronic market-making or trading related technology and risk management.
Executive Programme in Algorithmic Trading™ provides practical training to Quants, Traders Programmers, Fund Managers, Consultants, Financial Product Developers, Researchers and Algo Trading Enthusiasts. It provides insights on the fundamentals of quantitative trading and the technological solutions for implementing them.
Each participant who is accepted in the course has a high level of intellectual curiosity, a strong interest in finance, and strong analytical skills. Although there is no specific degree requirement, most participants will have backgrounds in quantitative disciplines such as mathematics, statistics, physical sciences, engineering, operations research, computer science, finance, or economics. Participants from other disciplines should have familiarity with calculus, spreadsheets and computational problem solving.
Prior to admission, a counselling session will be conducted that will focus on understanding the strengths and weaknesses of participants. These sessions do not necessarily decide the participants’ eligibility but help counsellors assist them with informed guidance prior to enrolment.
|12th November ’16||Lectures begin for Batch 32 of EPAT|
|25th September ’16||Last date to avail Tier-1 Early Bird discount for Batch 32|
|25th October ’16||Last date to avail Tier-2 Early Bird discount for Batch 32|
|Programme Duration||4 + 2 Months (Classes + Project)|
Early Bird Fees
|Date||Indian Residents||Regular Fees|
|Till 25th September ’16||Rs. 1,45,000*||$ 3,600|
|Till 25th October ’16||Rs. 1,60,000*||$ 4,000|
|Till 12th November ’16||Rs. 1,70,000*||$ 4,250|
* Additional 15% Service Tax Applicable for Indian Participants
Scholarships are available for residents from emerging markets, contact us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org
QuantInsti offers interactive online learning experience including live lectures, tutorials, problem solving interactions with faculty. Our Algorithmic Trading courses provide 24-hour access to all recorded lectures and program materials, accessible through your laptop, tablets & phones.
EPATTM live lectures are recorded and uploaded onto personalized learning portal. Each participant gets their own account, allowing him/her to access the following:
- Live & Recorded lectures
- Lecture notes, Stimulating exercises, additional reading material
- Sample code and spreadsheets
- Live one-to-one interactive lecturer support
The learning management system will track your learning and provides immediate feedback on your progress. A dedicated learning manager will regularly discuss your progress over call and chat to understand your queries and progress. Most tools and softwares used in the programme are open sourced and available for free to allow students to continue learning post course completion.
Why this Algo Trading Course?
- Practical Exposure – Acquire the knowledge, tools & techniques used by traders in the real world
- Expert teaching & support – The EPATTM faculty is an acclaimed team of academicians and professionals who are all specialists in the field
- Career Services - Our career services and job resources become available to you the moment you begin the program and last throughout your professional career
Six-months of Algorithmic Trading Training at QuantInstiTM
Life Long learning at QuantInstiTM
We promise lifelong learning to students post EPATTM completion, which comprise of:
- Access to a network of faculty and alumni, who are practitioners and researchers in Quantitative, Algorithmic and High Frequency Trading
- Reaching out to the industry members through our online communities, Linkedin groups
- Assistance in placement and career growth in the relevant roles
- Invitation to guest lectures which include new technological innovations, training to work on new platforms, advancement in the relevant field
- Exposure to the various strategy paradigms which are used globally for Algorithmic trading
- Automate your trading strategies, by learning the tools & skills required to write and implement the strategies
- Get trained to start Algorithmic Trading on your own, as you learn everything from networking and the hardware aspect of HFT to regulatory environment for handling desk operations
- Career progression to algorithmic trading industry - Benefit from Placement Services at QuantInsti after successful completion of the program.
- Specialize in a specific asset class or strategy paradigm by undergoing a project under a faculty member who is an expert in the same domain
- Managing High Frequency Data and building econometric models
- Learn how to back-test, implement and trade advance quantitative strategies
- Using programming skills to build low latency trading systems
- Using statistical packages and integrating them to your trading system
- Understanding of market making, spread optimization, transaction cost analytics and advance risk management
- Using Option pricing models for running volatility books and make markets
- Electric blend of practical and theoretical knowledge
Successful students have given 15-20 hours per week to review and complete the course work within a period of 4 months before proceeding to 2 months of the project work.