Global Advisory Board
QuantInsti™ is one of Asia’s pioneer Algorithmic Trading Research and Training Institute focused on preparing financial market professionals for the contemporary field of Algorithmic and High Frequency Trading. As the financial markets in emerging markets are rapidly evolving like developed markets; we foresee a disruptive change in the emerging markets landscape wherein exchange volumes to the tune of 70% and above will be generated by Algorithmic Trading.
QuantInsti™ institute developed the curriculum for the Asia’s first Executive Programme in Algorithmic Trading (EPAT) in 2009. As an initiative by financial markets professionals with stellar academic and professional credentials, the program aims to fulfil the pressing demands for highly specialized skill sets of a potentially lucrative domain of Algorithmic Trading. QuantInsti™ opened the doors to global participants in 2012 by introducing virtual classrooms for its flagship EPAT course and have seen participation from all inhabited continents since then.
Our Vision to the World
We believe in providing financial education to all by leveraging technology advancements.
At QuantInsti™, it’s all about developing the idea for a ‘trade’, fine tuning of strategies and how you can apply it exercising this process through a rigorously analytical methodology using quantitative tools and algorithms. We describe this as ‘the cutting edge of finance’. The need of the hour is to fill the gap between theoretical knowledge about financial tools and econometric theories, pricing models into working models and strategies.
Apart from offering courses online, our faculty members travel across the globe to participate in conferences which are conducted by academia or industry, so as to share their expertise with other leading knowledge partners.
Mission and Goals
Our mission is to help every trader across the world to get initiated in to the world of Automated Trading and benefit from technological innovations. We are committed to assure a long lasting learning experience that can help our participants in their professional career by imparting knowledge through innovative and effective measures.
- Excellence: Excel in learning
- Knowledge: Always focus on adding value by imparting knowledge
- Extensive: Comprehensive Learning
QuantInsti™ aims to expand the reach of Algorithmic Trading to each and every retail and institutional trader, by providing the right tools, skills and attitude required to successfully trade in the markets.
QuantInsti™ aims to improve the trading markets by training traders with right knowledge and attitude required to make markets more efficient.
- Successful launch of a one-stop shop for Algorithmic & Quantitative Trading courses and training: Quantra
- Two courses on Quantra are jointly certified by QuantInsti™ and MCX – leading exchange for commodities trading in India
- Dr. Yves Hilpisch & Dr. EP Chan launched Python and Momentum Strategies as a part of EPAT curriculum
- New faculty members for EPAT include Dr. Hui Liu and RadhaKrishna Pendyala who teach ‘automated trading on IB’ and ‘ETF Trading’
- Launched Prof Moorad Choudhry’s Bank Treasury Risk Management certification programme in Singapore, Asia
- Through free webinars and interactive online sessions, 11,000+ registrations from 90+ countries were reached
- Students from 40+ countries in all inhibited continents participated in the paid courses
- Algo Trading Partner for the Entrepreneurship Summit 2015 at IIT Bombay
- Conducted two-day workshop in Palm and Lauric Oils Price Outlook Conference & Exhibition (POC) at the invitation of Bursa Malalysia Derivatives
- Conducted a networking and educational event with Goldman Sachs Asset Management team in Mumbai
- Invited to speak in the SGX-India chapter in AFACT in Singapore
- Invited to participate at “The Trading Show” in Chicago
- Invited to speak in the round table discussion held by the Finance and Research Group (FRG) of Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR)
- Prof Gautam Mitra and Dr. E. P. Chan joined the Advisory Board
- EPAT™ re-launched app-friendly learning platform for mobile education
- QuantInsti™ reaches Singapore
- Participated with Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET) for an exclusive workshop on Options Trading Techniques
- Conducted exclusive sessions in the National Stock Exchange’s (NSE) Management Development Programmes (MDP) in Algorithmic Trading across cities of Mumbai, Chennai, Kochi in India
- Invited to speak at “4th Annual Conference: Behavioural Models & Sentiment Analysis Applied to Finance” conducted in London
- 23rd Batch of EPAT™ completed with hundreds of QuantInsti™’s alumni across the globe.
- Conducted learning sessions for academic institutions all over the country
- Invited as speaker in FIX protocol conference, Mumbai
- Successfully completed 16 batches of Executive program in Algorithmic Trading
- Invited as speaker at Algorithmic Trading conference organized by CMU-Princeton in Chicago
- Conducted several free informative webinars on topics related to Algorithmic Training
- Designed Algorithmic Trading certification, examination and coursework for NSE.
- Conducted sessions in leading exchanges, management schools and technological institutes in India
- Started the online and classroom programs
- Started a new centre in Goregaon, Mumbai, India
- Organized two workshops on Algorithmic Trading in collaboration with Thomson Reuters
- Successfully completed 5 more batches with students from different profiles including manual traders, equity analyst, algo traders, engineers, commerce students.
- Founded in Oct 2010
- Started the first algorithmic trading training program in India – EPAT (Executive Program in Algorithmic Trading)
- First batch of EPAT students started their journey in Quant and Algo trading
Global Advisory Board
Dr. Ernest P. Chan
Ernie is the Managing Member of QTS Capital Management, LLC., a commodity pool operator and trading advisor. QTS manages a hedge fund as well as individual accounts. More information about his services can be found at www.epchan.com.
Ernie is the author of “Quantitative Trading: How to Build Your Own Algorithmic Trading Business” and “Algorithmic Trading: Winning Strategies and Their Rationale”, both published by John Wiley & Sons. He maintains a popular blog “Quantitative Trading” at epchan.blogspot.com.
Ernie also teaches courses and workshops in trading and finance in London, Singapore, and elsewhere. He was appointed Adjunct Associate Professor of Finance at Nanyang Technological University and an Industry Fellow of the NTU-SGX Centre for Financial Education. He is also an adjunct faculty at Northwestern University’s Master of Science in Predictive Analytics program.
Professor Gautam Mitra
Gautam Mitra is the founder and the MD of OptiRisk Systems. He is an internationally renowned research scientist in the field of Operational Research in general and computational optimisation and modelling in particular. He has developed a world class research group in his area of specialisation with researchers from Europe, UK , USA and India.
He has published five books and over hundred and fifty research articles. He is an alumni of UCL and currently a Visiting Professor of UCL. In 2004 he was awarded the title of ‘distinguished professor’ by Brunel University in recognition of his contributions in the domain of computational optimisation, risk analytics and modelling.
In OptiRisk Systems he directs research and actively pursues the development of the company; the company today is a leader in the domain of financial analytics. Professor Mitra is also the founder and chairman of the sister company UNICOM seminars. OptiRisk systems and UNICOM Seminars have subsidiaries in India. In India and Southeast Asia both the companies are going through a period of organic growth.
Core Team and Founders
Anil is a member of the algo strategy advisory team at iRageCapital and is responsible for building and benchmarking strategies for the clients across various asset classes.
Prior to iRage, Anil has worked as an independent commodities trader managing a portfolio of metals and energy products. He has also worked as a Senior Analyst at The Chatterjee Group’s (TCG) Private Equity fund and as Convertible Analyst at Lehman Brothers.
Anil holds a Post-graduate diploma in Management from Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow and B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur.
Anupriya is the managing director of QuantInsti™ and leads the overall QuantInsti™ management. She has a rich managerial as well as pedagogical experience and has been responsible for coming up with new courses as well as for new business initiatives. She has worked with the leading educationists in India across various organizations. Prior to QuantInsti™, Anupriya was working with Educational Initiatives in Mumbai/Ahmedabad and Citigroup.
She has done her Masters in Science (5 year Integrated) in Maths from IIT Kanpur. After that she did her second masters in Education from Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) in Mumbai.
Gaurav is a Director at iRageCapital Advisory Private Ltd., leads the firm’s advisory practice in India on the Systems, Performance and Strategies. He has consulted extensively with core focus on strategy development and execution including trading systems development, latency reduction, optimization and transaction cost analysis.
An area of specific focus for Gaurav has been working with clients in high frequency trading-proprietary desk, brokerages, and banks. His current areas of research are High Frequency Econometrics, Structured Products and Transaction Cost Analysis.
Prior to iRageCapital, Gaurav worked with Axis Bank as a Forex-Interest Rates Derivatives Trader. He also worked as a Performance Engineer at Veritas Software, where he picked up the feel for Optimization.
Gaurav has a post graduate degree in management from Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow and a B.Tech. in Chemical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur.
Nitesh has a rich experience in financial markets spanning across various asset classes in different roles. He co-founded iRageCapital Advisory Private Limited, which is a trusted name in the space of providing Algorithmic Trading technology and strategy services in India. He led the business side for iRageCapital and QuantInsti™. At QuantInsti™, he was also the head of department for training in derivatives & inter-market studies. He’s currently the Director at iRage Global Advisory Services Pte Ltd based in Singapore.
He had prior experience in bank treasury (FX & Interest rate domain) and in proprietary trading desk. He did his Bachelors in Technology in Electrical Engineering from IIT Kanpur before doing his Post graduation in Management from IIM Lucknow.
Rajib Ranjan Borah
Rajib is the co-Founder & Director of iRageCapital Advisory Pvt Ltd, & QuantInsti™ Quantitative Learning Pvt Ltd.
High Frequency Trading Systems for South East Asian markets helping generate significant volumes within the options segment. At QI,Rajib manages the course segment on option derivatives; and also works with exchanges, financial & educational institutions to design educational programs. He has conducted workshops and conferences in America, Europe and Asia.
Prior to iRage, Rajib worked with leading HFT firm Optiver in Amsterdam; working on options derivatives market making, & high frequency equity arbitrage strategies across all major European & US exchanges. Before Optiver, Rajib was a management strategy consultant with PricewaterhouseCoopers where he assisted a consortium in setting up a national commodity derivatives exchange.
A national Olympiad finalist, Rajib has twice represented India at the World Puzzle Championships. He has a post-graduate management degree from Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, a bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering from National Institute of Technology Surathkal; and has internship experiences with Bloomberg in New York (equity option derivatives research) & with Solutia’s EMEA strategy HQ in Belgium.
Shaurya is a Director at iRageCapital Advisory Private Ltd., leading the firm’s advisory practice in India on the Research, Strategies Development and Risk Management. He has advised extensively with core focus on the statistical research strategy development backed by rigorous back testing and setting up systems & processes for risk management.
An area of specific focus for Shaurya has been working with clients in Sell-Side Order Execution Algorithms for leading brokerages. His current areas of research are Statistical Strategies and Rule Based Trading and Optimal Execution Algorithms.
Earlier to iRageCapital, Shaurya comes with experience at Bank of America, Edelweiss Securities Ltd. and Systematix Stock & Shares Ltd., where he worked as Derivative and Quantitative Analyst focused on Indian Equity markets.
Shaurya has a post graduate degree in management from Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad and a B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee.
Sameer has graduated from BITS Pilani with Masters in Economics and Information Systems. He started his career with Yahoo! where he gained expertise in technical architecture, design and development of highly scalable systems.
A C++ evangelist and perl poet with broad understanding of economics and market dynamics, he now designs and build financial strategies with built-in intelligence.
Suneeth is an expert in the fields of evolutionary algorithms and unconventional models of computing. During his bachelors program in Computer Science at IIT Madras, Suneeth was involved with some path breaking research in protein computing and dna computing. His work has been presented at ‘Symposium of Unconventional Models of Computing’.
He then went on to work with Yahoo R&D where he designed some really large scalable platforms. He also has two patent applications pending. Prior to iRageCapital, he was with Lime group and played a key role in developing Lime’s core infrastructure and platforms.
Suneeth brings with him a very high quality of technical expertise especially in the fields of algorithms and high performance architectures. Apart from academics, tennis, wildlife and football keep him occupied.
Swati heads the Global Sales and Operations at QuantInsti™ Quantitative learning Private Ltd. Swati has a rich experience in Marketing and Operations, which has immensely helped in scaling QuantInsti™ operations in recent years by ensuring smooth execution of QuantInsti™ programmes.
Prior to QuantInsti™, she worked with Times Group’s e-Commerce division where she was responsible for developing and nurturing corporate relationships. She holds a Post – Graduate Diploma in Management from Amity Business School, Noida. She is also an avid traveller and likes to spend her free time reading about news affairs and fiction.
Vivek is the director at Kredent Enterprises, which is one of the strategic investors in various iRage group initiatives. He has been a trader himself and manages 200+ traders trading multiple assets. He is part of various committees of exchanges and regulator and has been an active contributor in the evolution of Indian Derivatives Market. He is also an educationalist and have been running finance training academy called Kredent Academy. He has been speaker in various colleges and higher institutions including IIT and IIMs.
Academically he is a Chartered Accountant, Company secretary and also holds the Post Graduate Management degree from IIM Indore.