Terms of Service
https://www.quantinsti.com, https://quantra.quantinsti.com, https://quantra-blueshift.quantinsti.com (hereinafter, the ‘Website’) is owned and operated by QuantInsti Quantitative Learning Pvt Ltd, (hereinafter the ‘Company’), a company formed as per the laws of India having its registered office at A-309, Boomerang, Chandivali Farm Road, Powai, Mumbai – 400 072, India.
“We”, “Us”, “Our”, shall mean the Company.
“Terms”, “Terms and conditions”, “Policy”, “T&C” shall mean the entire Agreement and all parallel policies that you agree to in mutual agreement by using our website.
“You”, “Your”, “User” refers to the user of the site. “User” is anyone who is visiting, accessing, browsing or registering on the Website.
“Content” refers to any text, image, graphics, video, audio, location or all forms of data which are made available on the Website.
“Your Content” refers to any content submitted by way of registration/membership or interaction by means of publishing or uploading content on the Website.
“Third Party” refers to any person other than the “User”, “Company”, or the “Website”.
- SERVICE OVERVIEW
The Website is an e-learning platform specializing in algorithmic & quantitative trading, online training courses, career guidance and other courses in the form of videos, audios, presentations, multiple choice questions and interactive exercises (hereinafter the “Services”). The Website offers the following:
- Executive Programme in Algorithmic Trading (EPAT TM)
- Self-paced Online courses on Quantra
- Trading simulator on Quantra Blueshift
- Placement Services
The Website also contains certain exclusive features and contents including but not limited to original contents of the Company. We reserve the right to cancel, interrupt or reschedule any course or modify the content of any of the course without any intimation.
Users must register in order to avail some of the Services of the Website by providing certain information, which includes, but is not limited to, Name, Phone Number, Email ID, Date of Birth, Profession, Skype id, academic background, etc.
The Website also offers Sign Up process with platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+ (hereinafter the “Social Networking Sites”). The Website uses the Social Networking Sites as a medium for signing up only. The user data collected by the Website shall only be through the above mediums which will be provided by the intended user through their profile on the Social Networking Sites, no other data shall be collected/used by the Website apart from those that was permitted during Sign Up process. However, kindly note that the manner in which the Social Networking Sites uses, stores and discloses Your information is governed solely by their own policies, and the Website bears no liabilities/responsibility for its privacy practices and/or other actions of any third party site or service that may be enabled within the Service.
At any time during Your use of this Website, including but not limited to the time of registration, You are solely responsible for protecting the confidentiality of Your username and password, and any activity under your registered account shall be deemed to have been done by You. In the case that You provide Us with false and/or inaccurate details or the Company has reasons to believe You have done so, We hold the right to permanently suspend Your account.
In addition to this, You would be required to comply with the following:
- You will not provide any false personal information.
- You will not create/register an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one registered account/user profile.
- If Your registered account is suspended/disabled by Us, You will not create another account/user profile without our prior permission.
- You will not use our Website if you are under the age of 18 years.
- If the User is below the age of 18 years, his/her account can be registered and operated by the parent with prior permission from Us.
- You will not share Your registered account/user profile or let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- THIRD PARTY CONTENTS/ADS
Our Website will incorporate information and ads from third party websites and applications including but not limited to social media websites as well as various payment gateways, which will be incorporated on the Website from time to time. Before accessing any of these third-party websites, You are requested to read their terms and policies.
- USER’S OBLIGATIONS
The User undertakes to fulfill the following obligations. Failure to satisfy any of these obligations gives Us the right to permanently suspend Your registered account or user profile and/or claim damages for any losses that accrue to Us or additional costs that may be imposed on us.
- You agree to comply with all local laws and regulations governing the use of the Website and its services, including, without limitation, any usage rules set forth in this Terms of Service.
- You understand and agree that You will be liable for any damage or loss caused by Your Content uploaded on the Website and that such damage or loss will also be borne by You. The Company shall in no way whatsoever be held responsible for any violations caused by Your Content.
- You undertake not to:
- Cut, copy, distribute, modify, recreate, post, publish or create derivative works from transfer, or sell any information or content obtained from the Website. For the removal of doubt, it is clarified that unlimited or wholesale reproduction, copying of the content for commercial or non-commercial purposes and unwarranted modification of data and information within the content of the Website is not permitted except for using the Website as per this Agreement. Should You want to engage in one or more such actions, prior permission from Us must be obtained.
- Access (or attempt to access) the Website and/or the Contents or Services offered on the Website by any means other than through the interface that is provided by the Website. The use of deep-link, robot, spider or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Website or Content, or to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information, or contents through any means not specifically made available through the Website is prohibited. You acknowledge and agree that by accessing or using the Website, You may be exposed to content from other Users or Third Parties Ads that You may consider offensive, indecent or otherwise objectionable. We disclaim all liabilities arising in relation to such offensive content on the Website. Further, You may report against such offensive contents to Us.
- Use the Website in any manner that may impair, overburden, damage, disable or otherwise compromise (i) Company’s services; (ii) any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Company’s services; or (iii) the contents of any Third Party.
- Use the Company’s Services for any unlawful purposes or to conduct any unlawful activity, including, but not limited to, fraud, embezzlement, money laundering or identity theft.
- Abuse, harass, threaten, defame, disillusion, erode, abrogate, demean or otherwise violate the legal rights of others.
- Engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts access to the Website or the Company’s Services (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Website).
- Upload or distribute files and contents that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of the Website.
- Download any file or content posted in the Website that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- Probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Website, or any network connected to the Website, or breach the security or authentication measures on the Website, or any network connected to the Website. You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other user, or visitor of the Website, or exploit the Website or information or contents made available or offered by or through the Website, in any way whether or not the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification information, other than Your own information, as provided for by the Website.
- Disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, the Website, systems resources, servers or networks connected to or accessible through the Website, or any affiliated or linked Websites.
- Use the Website, or any material or Content for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms of Service, or to solicit the performance of any illegal activity or other activity which infringes our rights, or the rights of other Third Parties.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations for the time being in force within or outside India.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines, which may be applicable for or to any particular Service provided by Us.
- Threaten the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation.
- Disseminate information through the Website that is false, inaccurate or misleading, or violates any applicable laws or regulations for the time being in force in or outside India.
- User Content
In these terms and conditions, ‘your user content’ means content (including but not restricted to text, images, audio material, video material, audio-visual material, etc.) that you submit to this platform, for whatever purpose. You grant QuantInsti a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute Your User Content in any existing or future media. You likewise concede to QuantInsti the privilege to sublicense these rights, and the right to bring an action for encroachment of these rights.
Special note for Quantra Blueshift: Notwithstanding anything above in this clause (Section 8, User Content), any strategies developed by the user on Quantra Blueshift for simulation or any other purpose would remain the intellectual property of the user. We do not extend claim any rights on the strategy codes developed by the user.
Your user client content must not be illicit or unlawful, must not encroach any one’s lawful rights, and should not be fit for offering ascend to legal action whether against you or QuantInsti or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
You must not submit any user content to the platform that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaints. Keep in mind the following while submitting the content:
- Upload your own content: Don’t steal and respect copyright!
- Be respectful: Don’t use abusive or foul language. You are solely responsible for your content and communications with others.
- show nudity in your profile pictures
- use sexually inappropriate language or content
- upload illegal or prohibited content
- post promotional content
QuantInsti maintains all authority to alter or remove any material submitted to this platform, whether saved on its servers or hosted or published upon this platform.
QuantInsti does not undertake to monitor the submission of such content to, or the publication of such content on, this platform.
Browsing and use of this Website is free of cost, including creation of registered user profiles as well as uploading and sharing Your Content on the Website. However, subscription charges will be paid for enrolling into the courses as per this Terms of Service.
- DATA STORAGE AND SECURITY
- TERM AND TERMINATION
These Terms will remain in full force and effect while you are a User of the Website. You may cease to be a User at any time, for any reason, effective upon receipt by the Company of your written or email notice of termination, sent to the postal or email address. The Website may immediately terminate the agreement with you, deny you access to the Website and delete your User Profile and any other Content you have submitted on the Website in the event that you have breached any of these Terms of Service.
- REFUND POLICY
There shall be no refund of the enrollment fees paid by Users. If a User chooses to deactivate his/her account and/or the Company deactivates/suspends a User’s account, the enrollment fee paid for shall not be subject to refund.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
We place great emphasis on intellectual property. We own the trademarks and the User interface of our Website are all proprietary and the copyright belongs to us. All third-party information and trademarks displayed on our Website is protected under the laws relating to copyrights, trade dress, trademarks and is owned by the respective third party. Unless otherwise expressly mentioned, all other content on our Website shall be reserved and use of any such intellectual property without prior consent or permission from the respected owners will amount to infringement will be subject to legal action by owners of such intellectual property.
We are not liable for any reviews, comments and feedbacks made on third party applications which are displayed on our Website, which are illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing on intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties.
Special note for Quantra Blueshift: Notwithstanding anything above in this clause (Section 13, Intellectual Property), any strategies developed by the user on Quantra Blueshift for simulation or any other purpose would remain the intellectual property of the user. We do not extend claim any rights on the strategy codes developed by the user.
- CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
You expressly understand and agree that, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the Website, services and other materials and contents provided by this Website are on an “as is” basis without warranty of any kind, express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including the implied warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Without limiting the foregoing, the Company makes no warranty that:
- Your requirements will be met or that services provided will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free;
- Materials, information and contents obtained will be effective, accurate or reliable;
- Data collected by the Company is verified by the Company and the authenticity of the data shall not be the Company’s responsibility;
- Any wrongdoing by the User including theft, sexual abuse shall not be the Company’s responsibility;
- Any errors or defects in the Website, services or other contents will be corrected to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. We will have no liability related to your content arising under intellectual property rights, libel, privacy, publicity, obscenity or other laws. The Company also disclaims all liability with respect to the misuse, loss, modification or unavailability of Your Content. The User understands and agrees that any material, content or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the Website is done entirely at his/her own discretion and risk and he/she will be solely responsible for any damage to his/her electronic systems or loss of data that results from the download of such material, content or data. The Company accepts no liability for any errors or omissions, with respect to any information provided to you whether on behalf of itself or third parties.
- In the event of any issues with online transactions performed on the Website, we shall not take up any liability and any transaction related issues shall directly be dealt between the Users and the concerned payment gateways and/or the concerned Banks.
- We shall not be liable for any third party product or services. The advertisement available on E-mail, or Website with respect to the third party website or the products and services are for information purpose only.
- Nothing on this Platform constitutes or is meant to constitute, an advice of any kind.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
The services we provide are solely limited to the description provided under the “Services” section of this Terms of Service. We will not be liable for information and errors from third party websites and applications.
We shall not be liable to You (whether under the law of contract, the law of torts, or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this platform:
- for any direct loss;
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
- for the accuracy, profitability or any direct or indirect use of the information provided on this Platform or the course.
- The content on this website is for informational purposes only and should not be interpreted as an offer to sell, or solicitation to buy, or a recommendation for any security or strategy, nor should it be interpreted as an offer to provide any investment advisory service by QuantInsti.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless our Company including but not limited to its agents and employees from and against any and all losses, liabilities, claims, damages, demands, costs and expenses (including legal fees and disbursements in connection therewith and interest chargeable thereon) asserted against or incurred by Us that arise out of, result from, or may be payable by virtue of, any breach or non-performance of any representation, warranty, covenant or agreement made or obligation to be performed by you pursuant to these Terms of Service. Further, you agree to hold us harmless against any claims made by any third party due to, or arising out of, or in connection with, your use of the Website, any claim that your material/content caused damage to a third party, your violation of the Terms of Service, or your violation of any rights of another, including any intellectual property rights.
In no event shall our Company, its officers, directors, employees, partners or suppliers be liable to you or any third party for any special, incidental, indirect, consequential or punitive damages whatsoever, including those resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether or not foreseeable or whether or not we have been advised of the possibility of such damages, or based on any theory of liability, including breach of contract or warranty, negligence or other tortious action, or any other claim arising out of or in connection with your use of or access to the Website, services, contents or materials.
The limitations and exclusions in this clause apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
- GOVERNING LAW
Applicable Law: You agree that the laws of the State of Maharashtra, India, excluding its conflict of laws rules, shall exclusively govern any dispute relating to this Agreement and/or the Services. We both agree that all of these claims can only be litigated in the courts of Mumbai, Maharashtra and we each agree to personal jurisdiction in those courts.
Any provision of these Terms of Service which is, or may be, void or unenforceable shall, to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability, be deemed severable and shall not affect any other provision of these terms and conditions.
You agree that our Company, automatically assigns this Agreement and information incorporated herein in to a User. You may not assign your obligations under these terms to another entity.
- MISCELLANEOUS TERMS
The Company is not an agent, employee or partner of the User or third parties.
Modification of the Terms of Service: These Terms of Service may be modified from time to time to deliver better services. It shall be the obligation of the User to acquaint himself or herself with the modified Terms of Service from going to the Website from time to time.
Waiver: A decision not to act against any User for any improper conduct does not prevent the Company from acting in any future case against the same or other Users.
- CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this Agreement, the practices of the Company, or your experience with the Website, you can email us at email@example.com.