Date: Tuesday, July 19, 2016
Time: 06:00 PM IST | 08:30 PM SGT | 12:30 PM GMT
Recent global event such as Brexit and the subsequent volatility in the currency market has spooked a lot of investors. Increase in Risk aversion following such an event is a natural outcome, as market participants exercise caution while trading.
However, even during such tumultuous times, automated traders are having a field day. According to media reports, hedge funds using algorithmic trading are regularly outperforming the manual traders, and especially during such stressful market conditions.
Informative Session Contents
- Biggest trading events so far in this season
- Brexit & its impact on different market participants on that day globally
- Impact of hike in transaction cost. Case in point: STT hike by SEBI in India
- How Algorithmic trading firms have reacted to such events?
- What does it take to become a Quant/Algo trader?
- Industry requirements
- Skills and knowledge required
- How Quantinsti’s Executive Program in Algorithmic Trading help?
- Q & A – Ask an Algorithmic & Quantitative Trading Expert
Did Algos outwit humans during Brexit?
Mr. Nitesh Khandelwal, Co-Founder iRageCapital Advisory Ltd
Nitesh has a rich experience in financial markets spanning across various asset classes in different roles. He co-founded iRageCapital Advisory Private Limited, which is a trusted name in the space of providing Algorithmic Trading technology and strategy services in India, and QuantInsti, the algorithmic trading research and training institute. He led the business side for iRageCapital and QuantInsti. At QuantInsti, he was also the head of department for training in derivatives & inter-market studies. He’s currently the Director at iRage Global Advisory Services Pte Ltd based out of India.
He had prior experience in bank treasury (FX & Interest rate domain) and in proprietary trading desk. He did his Bachelors in Technology in Electrical Engineering from IIT Kanpur before doing his Post graduation in Management from IIM Lucknow.